- 10 -25min documentation / patient
- no informed consent necessary (anonymous reports)
- all hospitalized patients including children eligible
- retrospective documentation after discharge / death
- immediate start after positive ethic vote
The SARS-CoV-2 pandemic is a major challenge for medical professionals worldwide, with a daily increase of new infections. Currently, there is a gap of knowledge regarding best possible clinical management of the infection as well as prediction and prevention of severe outcomes.
We initiated the Lean European Open Survey on SARS-CoV-2 (LEOSS) project, a prospective European multi-center cohort study, to get more in-depth knowledge about the epidemiology and clinical course of patients infected with SARS-CoV-2. Our goal is to establish a quick and simple register that allows anonymous documentation of patients. This data can be used to identify independent predictors of outcome in patients with diagnosed infection by SARS-CoV-2. The study will allow retrospective inclusion of patients treated before initiation of the study.
Patients who were diagnosed or received treatment in one of the member states of the EU/EEA for SARS-CoV-2 (PCR confirmed).
The eCRF will ensure the documentation of the following items:
- Age category, gender, ethnicity
- Country of origin, country of diagnosis, ethnicity
- Assumed time of contracting infection
- Important comorbidities
- Observed stages of disease (uncomplicated phase, complicated phase, critical phase, recovery phase), each with time to event
- Baseline values
- and more…